Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Wow...it has been a long time since I posted to this blog, and a LOT has happened since the last time I posted.  I have been very busy with things at church, but along with this "busyness" I have been able to grow in my relationship with Jesus.

Last year, for the first time ever, I was able to read the Bible all the way through.  What a blessing that was!  I read it on my tablet computer, and while I got a lot out of it and I am glad I did it, the tablet did not really lend itself to much in "study".

So this year, I decided I would start back through the Bible again, but this time I am using a study Bible and not only reading the scripture text, but I am also reading the notes and underlining and writing in the margins.  It will probably take a few years to finish going all the way through this way, but I am learning a lot.

When I take my time and study the scripture, even though I have read every word before, new things just jump from the pages at me.  The Bible is so obviously "living and active...."  However, I find it opens up so much better to me when I pray and ask the Holy Spirit to lead me as I read and study.

So like I said, a lot has been going on lately and I have a lot to post before I get caught up writing about what has happened.  I hope to post more soon...at least weekly.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment